On Sunday February 14, Ecclesia will exercise together the practices of incarnation living; proximity, generosity, and bravery. The challenge of LA Marathon route means there will be NO SERVICE SUNDAY FEBRUARY 14. However, it gives us the opportunity to do something different as a church that is still consistent with our values of disciple making. Join us as we each invite one specific non-church-going family, couple or single and share brunch with them on that day. Be praying about who you might bless that morning by hosting a brunch or taking them out somewhere in the city and getting to know more about their life story. That’s it, no secret agenda, no hidden motives, just a church community living our lives in our neighborhoods in an intentional way and seeing how God might meet us during the time as we seek to bless others with a meal and friendship.
Here are 5 fun questions that you could consider asking to get to know someone better.
- Where is home for you? How did that place influence the person that you are today?
- What is the hardest part about living in LA for you?
- What do you like to do to relax and recharge?
- What does a typical day at work look like for you?
- If you had an extra hour per day, how would you spend it?
If appropriate and if you feel comfortable, take a picture of your preparations, your location, or your lunch partner(s) and post them to Facebook or Instagram with #unusualsunday.