Ecclesia is a non-denominational, Christian church. The following articulates the core tenets of our faith:
1. God- There is only one true God, who eternally exists as Father, Son and Holy Spirit. These three persons are a loving community, equal yet distinct in who they are and what they do. God is the infinite Creator and Sustainer of the universe. God is relational and knowable yet wholly Other and distinct from creation.
2. Humanity- God created humanity, both men and women, in the image of God. Humanity’s disobedience resulted in alienation from their Creator and spiritual death. God’s image within humanity is marred; human nature is corrupted by sin. Therefore, the only hope for all people is spiritual rebirth and reunion initiated by God.
3. Jesus– Jesus Christ is the anticipated Messiah, the Word of God, the incarnation of the eternal Son; he is both fully God and fully human. He was miraculously conceived by the Holy Spirit and born of a virgin. He lived a sinless life, was crucified and sacrificially died on a cross to redeem creation and atone for the sins of humanity. On the third day after he died and was buried, Jesus bodily rose from the dead, conquering death through his resurrection, and he later bodily ascended into heaven. Jesus, the exalted Lord and King of all, now sits with God the Father, authoritatively and graciously mediating between God and humanity.
4. Salvation– Salvation from the power of death and deliverance from the bondage to sin are only possible by God’s grace. Humans can do nothing to earn their salvation; God’s saving grace is completely unmerited and freely given. God graciously justifies and regenerates all who trust in Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior. Believers become children of God, assured in their status and relationship with God through the promises of Scripture and the evidence of the Holy Spirit working in their lives.
5. Holy Spirit– The Holy Spirit is God – present and active in the world to reveal and glorify Jesus Christ through verifying the gospel and manifesting the kingdom of God in the world. Starting at Pentecost, the Holy Spirit came in fullness to indwell all believers. The Holy Spirit is continually at work to transform believers from death to life. Through sanctifying grace, the Holy Spirit delivers believers from all rebellion toward God and makes possible love for God and for others.
6. The Church– The Church is the Body of Christ, a loving community of all believers, which embodies the values of sacrifice, covenant and vulnerability. The Church is called to foster the unity found in Jesus Christ, who is its Head, and celebrate the diversity found in the gifting of the Holy Spirit, who breathes life into its members. Members of the Church continually gather together to participate in worship, prayer, the practice of the sacraments of communion and baptism and mutual encouragement and formation through Scripture.
7. Followers of Jesus– As an obedient response to God’s love and mercy, followers of Jesus are called to model their lives by God’s standard, in word and in action; to go into the world, proclaim the gospel and make disciples of others, joining in where God is already at work; and to act justly, love mercy and walk humbly in all relationships and structures of human society.
8. Eschatology– When believers die, they enter unending fellowship with God and await the bodily resurrection to everlasting glory and blessing. When unbelievers die, they enter unending separation from God and await the bodily resurrection to everlasting judgment. Jesus Christ will return personally, visibly and bodily to the earth, consummating God’s ultimate victory over all evil and establishing God’s perfect kingdom in a new heaven and a new earth.
9. Bible– The Bible, both the Old and New Testaments, is true, the inspired Word of God, the ultimate authority in all matters on which it speaks, and uniquely contains the revealed knowledge of God necessary for salvation.
Location & Contact Info
Hollywood Seventh Day Adventist Church
1711 N. Van Ness Ave., Hollywood, CA 90028
(This is not our mailing address)
1763 N. Gower, Hollywood, CA 90028
5419 Hollywood Blvd, #303 Hollywood, CA 90027
Monday – Thursday, 9am – 5pm
Join our mailing list:
Fill out the connect card